Tandoori Masala Sweet Potatoes
This easy delicious recipe adds an India inspired touch to a meal. The cubes of sweet potato are low in fat & oven baked.
- 4 cloves
- 1 cup plain soy yogurt
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 2 small limes juice
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 8 cloves garlic
- 2 inch piece of ginger
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 medium-size white sweet potatoes
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Tandoori Masala
- Take RawSpiceBar’s Tandoori Masala and Marinade, except for the agave nectar and water, and whisk them together. Mix in the spices combined with the yogurt and oil. Transfer 1/3 of this mixture to a smaller bowl and combine the smaller portion of the mixture with the 1 teaspoon of agave nectar and 1/3 cup of water. Set this aside.
- Take the peeled and chopped sweet potatoes and toss them with the larger part of the marinade. Let this sit for an hour.
- Heat your oven to 375°F. Transfer the sweet potatoes and marinade to a baking dish, cover it with foil, and bake this for 40 minutes. Remove the foil. Turn the oven to 550°F and bake the sweet potatoes for 10 more minutes. Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven, plate them, and garnish them with cilantro. Serve a couple lime wedges on the side of each plate.