Red Wine Sea Salt Figs in Sauce
These are gorgeous and low in cholesterol. What a great combination of flavors! Just bookmark this recipe for your next Summer’s cooking menu.
- Red Wine Sea Salt
- 1 lb fresh figs
- 6 branches fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp red wine or liquor
- 1 tbsp dark or light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 pieces 1-inch (3cm) strips of fresh lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (200ºC).
- Slice the touch stem end off the figs and slice each in half lengthwise.
- Toss the figs in a large baking dish with the thyme, red wine or liquor, brown sugar, honey, and lemon zest. Turn the figs so that they are all cut side down in the baking dish, in a single layer.
- For figs that are softer and juicier, cover the baking dish snugly with foil and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the figs are softened and cooked through. For figs that are firmer, with less liquid, roast them in the oven, uncovered, for 30 minutes, or until cooked through.
- When done, remove the baking dish from oven, lift off the foil, sprinkle with RawSpiceBar’s Red Wine Sea Salt and let the figs cool completely.
buy spices online