Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
This Pumpkin Cake recipe is incredibly easy & fast and the frosting is rich & yummy.
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly coat an 8×8″ baking dish with nonstick spray and line with parchment paper, leaving a 2″ overhang on all sides. Whisk all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt, and RawSpiceBar’s Unpumpkin Pie Spice in a large bowl.
- Whisk eggs, pumpkin, brown sugar, and oil in another large bowl until smooth. Mix in dry ingredients. Scrape batter into prepared baking dish; smooth top.
- Bake cake until edges begin to pull away from sides of dish and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 30–35 minutes. Let cool.
- Using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl just to combine.
- Reduce speed to low and gradually add sugar, then maple syrup and salt; beat until smooth. Spread frosting over top of cooled cake.