Porcini Turkey Stock
An amazing aroma will fill your home as you make this stock.
- Kosher salt
- 4 dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 bay leaves or 1 sprig thyme
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 cup stock
- 2 tsp Pure Porcini
- Now, for an herbaceous kick, add 2 bay leaves or 1 sprig thyme. For an umami boost, stir in 2 teaspoons RawSpiceBar’s Pure Porcini . Let gravy simmer until reduced by half. Season with kosher salt and serve. Or keep the gravy warm until the turkey is finished and take it one step further…
- Melt 4 tablespoons unsalted butter or turkey fat in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in 1/4 cup all-purpose flour and cook, whisking, for 1 minute. The roux will become smooth and golden brown. Keep whisking! Within 2-3 minutes it will be the color of café au lait and smell slightly toasted. Gradually whisk in the warm turkey stock, bring to a boil, then lower the heat so the gravy’s at a bare simmer.
- Good gravy begins with good stock. At least one day (and up to four days) before the feast, make your own rich stock. When you’re ready to make the gravy, bring 4 cups stock to a boil in a medium pot. Remove from heat; keep warm.
buy spices online