Mac & Cheese Vadouvan
This recipe is very popular dish and a crowd favorite.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 2 cup Gruyère
- 4 1/2 cup sharp white cheddar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 slices white bread
- 8 tbsp butter
- 5 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- Indo-French Vadouvan
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Place bread pieces in a medium bowl. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Place bread in small bowl & add melted butter.
- In a medium saucepan, heat milk. Melt remaining butter in small saucepan. When butter bubbles, add flour. Cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add hot milk to mixture, whisking constantly until thick, remove from heat. Stir in salt and RawSpiceBar’s Indo-French Vadouvan, 3 cups cheddar, and 1 1/2 cups Gruyère.
- Boil water in large saucepan, add macaroni and cook per directions. When cooked, rinse and drain. Stir macaroni into reserved cheese sauce.
- Pour mixture into the greased casserole dish. Sprinkle with cheese and scatter breadcrumbs on top. Bake until browned, about 30 minutes. Serve & enjoy!
buy spices online