Lentil And Chickpea Soup
Use this complexly flavorful RawSpiceBar’s Ras el Hanout Spices in tagines, couscous dishes or grilled lamb or chicken. You can also try this comforting Lentil And Chickpea Soup
- Salt to season
- 3.5 tbsp oil
- 1 onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp ras el hanout
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder or paprika
- 2/3 cup red lentils
- 1 can cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes or 1 medium salad tomato
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- Ras el Hanout Spices
- In a medium sized pot add oil. Allow to heat up then add in onions and garlic. Add a 1/4 tsp salt to help onions soften. Let onions cook until golden brown.
- Add in bay leaf and ground spices. Cook off the spices for about 2-3 minutes then add in drained lentils, tomato paste and tomatoes. Stir to toast the lentils and leave it for 3-5 minutes. Then add 1.5-2 cups water to help lentils soften and cook through. Cover and leave to cook.
- Once the lentils have absorbed the water and cooked through, add in the chickpeas. Stir then top up the pot with enough water to bring it to the brim, about 3-5 cups. Cover and leave the soup to simmer to a boil on a medium heat.
- After about 15-20 minutes, once the soup has simmering to a rolling boil and the liquid has reduced slightly, season with salt to taste. Garnish with a handful of coriander then remove from the heat and serve.
ras-el hanout spices
organic-ras el hanout