LEMONGRASS CAMBODIAN STIR FRIED CHICKEN CURRY
A dish pack with a lot of flavours which will captivate your senses.
- 1 tbsp Tamarind Pulp
- 3/4 cup Lemongrass Cambodian Curry
- 2.5 lb Chicken Thighs
- 1 tbsp Prahok
- 1 tbsp Palm Sugar, or brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1/4 cup Tamarind Water or 1 tbsp Tamarind Soup Base
- 4 cup Green Beans
- 5 Scallions
- 1 large Onion
- 1/2 cup chopped Holy Basil or Thai Basil
- 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Thai Bird Chilies
- Black Pepper
- Cook green beans in boiling salted water until tender crisp, about 1 min. Remove and shock in ice bath to stop cooking. Drain and set aside.
- Make tamarind water by adding hot water to tamarind pulp. Let sit for 10-15 mins before straining out pulp, set aside
- Over medium high heat, heat vegetable oil. Add RawSpiceBar’s Lemongrass Cambodian Curry paste and stir fry for 2 minutes. It’s so gosh darn aromatic you’ve never smelled anything it like, trust me! I could just bathe in this aroma for the rest of my life.
- Add chicken and continue to stir-fry, get that chicken all coated! About 2 mins.
- Add tamarind water, prahok, sugar, fish sauce and black pepper. Continue to toss about happily and let the flavors coat all those chicken pieces. About 3-4 mins.
- Add onions, scallion whites and chilies, continue to cook another 3-4 minutes until onions are slightly wilted and chicken is cooked through.
- Add green beans, basil, scallion greens and cilantro. Toss together one last time, check for seasoning, add salt if you’d like.
- Serve Lemongrass Cambodian Stir Fried Chicken Curry with piping hot steamed rice and a sense of pride!
buy spices online