INDO-FRENCH VADOUVAN ROASTED CARROTS
A French take on an Indian masala, Indo-French Vadouvan pairs beautifully with roasted or grilled carrots for a very French, flavorful side dish.
- 2 tbsp Indo-French Vadouvan
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound small carrots
- 2 lemons
- Very coarsely chopped cilantro, arugula and lemon wedges
- List of spices
- Preheat oven to 425°. Mix Indo-French Vadouvan, half of garlic, 1/4 cup yogurt, and 3 tablespoons oil in a large bowl until smooth; season with salt and pepper. Add carrots and toss to coat. Roast on a rimmed baking sheet in a single layer, turning occasionally, until tender and lightly charred in spots, 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a small skillet over medium-low, swirling skillet, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk lemon juice, remaining garlic, and remaining . cup yogurt in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Place carrots (along with crunchy bits on baking sheet) on a platter. Drizzle with yogurt mixture and oil and top with cilantro. Serve with lemon wedges.