Freshly Ground Chiles Tacos Al Pastor
Inspired by Lebanese shawarma and now served all over Mexico City by street vendors, these pineapple and pork tacos al pastor are killer good.
- Ground Chiles Taco Seasoning
- 1 large white onion
- 1 pineapple
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- Canned adobo chiles
- List of spices
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp coarse kosher salt
- 2 1/2 pound boneless pork loin
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Corn tortillas
- Lime wedges
- Coarsely chop onion and pineapple, place 1/2 onion and all pineapple in blender with orange juice, vinegar, RawSpiceBar's Ground Chiles Taco Seasoning, Adobo, salt, and garlic and puree until smooth.
- Place pork in large resealable plastic bag. Add marinade and seal bag, releasing excess air. Turn to coat. Chill at least 4 hours and up to 1 day.
- To grill pork, turn grill to medium-high heat. Add pineapple, 4-6 minutes on each side. Grill pork with some marinade still clinging until slightly charred and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer and chop both into cubes.
- Meanwhile, finely chop remaining onion half and place in medium bowl. Add cilantro; toss to combine. Grill tortillas until warm and slightly charred.
- Serve and enjoy!