COFFEE CHILI RUBBED BEEF SHORT RIBS
Absolutely ASTOUNDING Dish!
- Torn basil leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 can of 28-ounce can chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup freshly brewed espresso
- 1 jalapeño
- 2 lb bone-in beef short ribs
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 yellow onion
- Dark Coffee & Chiles
- Place the ribs in a large bowl and sprinkle them with the full amount of RawSpiceBar’s Dark Coffee & Chiles. Massage the ribs with the rub, using your hands to ensure the ribs are completely coated. Cover and refrigerate for 6 to 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- Remove the ribs from the fridge. In a Dutch oven or casserole dish large enough to fit all the ribs, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Working in batches, brown the ribs on all sides, which ought to take 6 to 10 minutes. Be mindful of not smoking the kitchen up too much. Remove the ribs from the pot as they are done and place them on a plate.
- Add the garlic, onion, and jalapenos to the drippings in the pot and cook until softened, 3 to 5 minutes, turning down the heat to medium-low if necessary. Carefully pour in the espresso, tomatoes, and vinegar, season with salt and pepper, and bring to a simmer. Return the ribs to the pot, put the lid on, and slide it into the oven. Let the ribs braise until tender, 2 to 3 hours. (Begin checking the ribs at 2 hours and then check every 20 minutes or so after that.)
- Remove the pot from the oven and let it rest for 30 minutes. If desired, skim any fat from the surface of the sauce. Serve the ribs in bowls with lots of sauce and sprinkle with torn basil leaves, if desired.
buy spices online