Chicken Tagine with Lemons
Watch as your family and friends take a deep, satisfied breath enjoying this Chicken Tagine with Lemons dish.
- 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp grated lemon rind
- 3/4 cup pitted whole green olives
- 2 chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 chicken leg quarters (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp Ras el Hanout Spices
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken from pan. Add onion and garlic to pan; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add chicken, broth, olives, and RawSpiceBar’s Ras el Hanout Spices; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 45 minutes. Turn chicken over; cook, uncovered, 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan with a slotted spoon; place 1 chicken piece on each of 4 plates. Add lemon rind, juice, cilantro, and parsley to pan; cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Spoon sauce over chicken.