Black Truffle Salt Risotto
This is one of the most appreciated dishes in the Italian cuisine. Simple and tasty!
- 8 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 cloves large garlic
- 2 cup Arborio or Carnaroli rice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 3 tbsp butter
- Black Truffle Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the broth to simmer. Reduce the heat to low and keep the broth warm.
- In a risotto pan over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Add the rice and stir until the grains are translucent with a white dot in the center, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the wine and stir until absorbed, about 2 minutes.
- Begin adding the broth 1 ladleful at a time, stirring frequently after each addition. Wait until the broth is almost completely absorbed before adding more.
- When the rice is tender but firm to the bite, after 20 to 25 minutes, stir in the 1/2 cup cheese, then the 3 Tbs. white truffle butter. Season with RawSpiceBar’s Black Truffle Salt and pepper. Serve the risotto immediately in individual bowls and top each portion with about 1/2 tsp. truffle butter. Pass more cheese at the table.
buy spices online