Anguillian Jerk Rub Veggie Burgers
Perfect for summer grilling season, jerk refers to the preparation of meat or seafood with a wet or dry rub.
- Allspice Jamaican Jerk
- Scotch Bonnet Chiles
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- Juice 2 limes
- 1 inch ginger
- 3 medium zucchini
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 cup raw broccoli
- 1 egg
- Vegetable oil
- Add vegetable broth to a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, stir in the quinoa, lower heat to a simmer and cover. Gently simmer the quinoa until all the liquid is absorbed, 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and let the quinoa sit, covered, for another 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- In a food processor, shred onion, zucchini and carrots. Chop broccoli separately. Place all in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a pan over medium heat, add 1 tbsp vegetable oil. Once hot, add onions and salt to taste and cook until golden, about 5-6 minutes. Add ginger, garlic, RawSpiceBar’s Allspice Jamaican Jerk and pinch of RawSpiceBar’s Scotch Bonnet Peppers. Stir and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add veggies and lime juice to pan. Cook for several minutes, until veggies begin to soften.
- Combine quinoa, lime juice and egg in large bowl. Remove veggies from pan and combine with quinoa mixture. Form patties.
- Add 1-2 tbsp oil to pan and cook patties until brown, about 5 minutes per side. Serve and enjoy!