Vegan Verde Crack Sauce
This sauce is delicious as a flavor-packed salad dressing or a delicious sauce for any Mexican inspired recipe.
- 1 lb Tomatillos
- 3-4 tbsp Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- 1 Avocado
- 1 tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- 1-2 Fresh Jalapenos
- 2 cloves Garlic, peeled & roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Remove papery tomatillo skins and rinse under cold water.
- On a foil lined pan, broil tomatillos and jalapeño (whole) until the skins are blistering and partially blackened, and the tomatillos have released some juices. I broiled for about 20 minutes, flipping once half way through. Every broiler is different though so refer to my picture on my blog.
- Add tomatillos and juice to a food processor. Remove the stem of the jalapeño and remove seeds if desired. I left half of the seeds in to give a bit more spice. Add jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, garlic and olive oil to the tomatillos in the food processor. Process for 10 seconds or until smooth. Add avocado, process for 5 seconds or until well blended. Season with salt and pepper (to taste). Process for 5 seconds.
- Use as a salad dressing, as a sauce for smothering just about anything, or as a dip with any of your favorite Southwestern and Mexican dishes.