Butternut Squash and Sweet-Potato soup
A sweet creamy and thick soup, all you need is 15 minutes, four ingredients and a love of health, after all this is a Low Gi/Paleo soup.
- 1 whole Butternut Squash
- 3 Medium Sweet potatoes
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 cube Vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp butter/flavourless oil
- 1 pinch seasoning (salt & pep)
- *Tip: Frozen/thawed squash and sweet potato, cooks quicker. If you chop your leftover butternut squash and freeze it, when you use it next the water in the vegetable will melt whilst defrosting and soften your veg, this means your cooking time will be reduced! Mine only took 15 minutes! :) Remember I have tonnes of low-fat, paleo and sugar-free recipes floating around so make sure you pop up to 'purely recipes'. Healthy recipes are not just for weight loss their for dinner!
- Finely dice your onion and pop into a large saucepan on medium heat with your butter or oil of choice, sweat down your onions until translucent.
- Deseed, peel and chop your Butternut squash into 1/3" cubes, Along with your Sweet potatoes.
- Whilst your onions are sweating down you can pop your kettle on and desolve your vegetable stock into 1pint of water.
- Once your onions are translucent and not coloured add your butternut squash and sweet potatoes to the saucepan along with your flavoured water.
- Bring your pan to the boil, place a lid on the pan and simmer for 25 minutes, (or until tender). The more you make the longer it'll take.
- Once your vegetables are soft enough to break with a spoon, take your soup off the stove..
- Now, you can either mash your vegetables down into a chunky soup or, like I did, cool it down and pop into a liquidiser.
- Serve with a gluten free bread, I really think it needs a bread or something chunky to eat it with. Why not mix it up and try it with a wholemeal pasta, as a sauce, yeah, really..