Miso glazed roast Kohlrabi
A wonderfully versatile vegetable, kohlrabi is perfect for those on a low carb diet. Similar to celeriac this recipe acts as a beautiful side dish or replacement for potatoes. Using the leaves as well as the main body we avoid all waste as well as adding greenery to the dish. Finished off with a sprinkling of our delicious Mega Omega Superseeds this dish is a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
- 1 sprinkling Punch Foods Superseeds
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Organic Sesame oil
- 2 tbsp Organic Tamari
- 4 tbsp Organic rapeseed oil
- 2 heaped Organic Miso Paste
- 4 whole Kohlrabi
- Trim the leafy bits of the kohlrabi, reserving for later and continue to chop the outer tough green skin of the kohlrabi.
- Discard the tough skin and chop the kohlrabi into about 1inch pieces.
- Mix all of the glaze ingredients together in a bowl, add the kohlrabi and coat in the mixture using your hands.
- Spread evenly over a baking tray and roast in a preheated oven at 180° for 30 minutes checking and turning after 20 minutes.
- During the last ten minutes of the kohlrabi’s roasting time quickly steamfry the kohlrabi leaves in a saucepan using your oil of choice adding a touch of water to aid the process.
- Remove the Kohlrabi from the oven, transfer to a bowl and combine with the leaves.
- I like to sprinkle mine with some of my Japanese Tamari Superseeds for an extra crunch.