Polenta with mushroom ragout
- 200 g Polenta
- 500 g Chestnut Mushrooms
- 300 g Spinach
- 1 can Corn
- 1 can chopped Tomatoes
- 800 ml Water
- Fresh Parsley
- Chilli Flakes
- Dried Herbs
- Wash the chestnut mushrooms before thinly slicing them.
- In a pan, heat up some water and add the mushrooms to it, letting them simmer.
- Add some dried herbs to the pan.
- When the mushrooms have cooked, add the spinach.
- Next, add the can of chopped tomatoes and leave to simmer on a low heat for a few minutes.
- In the meantime, add the 800ml of boiling water to the polenta in a pot over the stove. Continue to stir the polenta until it gets a thick consistency.
- Once desired consistency of the polenta has been achieved, set aside to rest for a few minutes.
- Add the can of corn to the ragout in the pan.
- Finish off the ragout by adding chilli flakes and fresh herbs to it.
- Serve and enjoy!