VALENTINE'S OLIVE OIL FRUIT PANCAKES
With it being Shrove Tuesday (Pancake day) and with Valentine's Day on the horizon, why not cook up a pancakes treat? Nothing says "Olive you" more than fruity Olive Oil pancakes...
- 1 3/4 cup Flour
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 1 1/2 cup Milk
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sieve the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a large mixing bowl to get rid of any lumps.
- Whisk the contents.
- Pour in the egg, milk and half the oil and continue to whisk until the batter is smooth and free of any lumps.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a medium pan over a medium-low heat. Spoon a quarter cup of the pancake mix into the heated pan,
- Optional - add fruit such as sliced banana or blueberries and press them in before the pancakes crisp.
- Cook until the pancakes bubble on the surface. Flip the pancake and cook until golden brown on the second side, 1 to 2 more minutes.
- Place the pancakes in a warm oven until all are cooked and ready to serve. Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more olive oil to the pan as needed.
- Optional - use a cookies cutter to make heart shapes!
- To serve, drizzle the pancakes with honey and garnish the plate with the mixed fruits.
- Valentine's Day Pancakes!