SWORD FISH WITH LEMON OLIVE OIL
Pesce spada is my daughter Rosie’s favourite fish. I’m not sure if it is her image of this fearless fish, with a built in weapon, patrolling the Tyrrhenian sea or the juicy white steaks that tickle her fancy more. In this recipe we have paired it with lemon olive oil for a truly Sicilian blend of flavours.
- 1/3 cup Extra virgin olive oil with lemon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup Chopped fresh mint
- 2 Large garlic cloves
- 4 Thin swordfish steaks
- Grate the zest from the lemon, then halve the lemon and squeeze out the juice. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the chopped mint and garlic.
- Rinse the fish and pat dry. Place in a shallow bowl and pour the lemon mixture evenly over the top.
- Turn to coat well. Cover and refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat a stovetop griddle or griddle pan. Remove the fish from the marinade and place on the griddle.
- Cook, turning once, until the fish is just opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the fish to warmed individual plates and garnish with the mint sprigs and lemon slices and lemon olive oil. Serve immediately.