ST PATRICK'S DAY IRISH LEEK AND POTATO SOUP
Celebrate St. Patrick's Day and all things Irish with a traditional Irish Potato and Leek soup (topped off with a dash of olive oil).
- 1 Large Onion
- 3-4 Medium Leeks
- 4-5 Medium Potatoes
- 1.2 litre Water
- 100 ml Cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
- Wash the leeks and potatoes then chop them into fine slices. Put these to the side.
- Dice the onion and add to a large pot (it needs to be large as you will add the water and potatoes) with a knob of butter.
- Add the leeks and lightly saute until both are soft and start to separate out.
- Carefully add the water and simmer the ingredients for around 20 minutes (until the potatoes are soft).
- Depending on how you prefer the consistency, you can remove from the pan and add to a blender to thin the soup out, then add back to the pan.
- Pour in and stir the cream.
- Light simmer for another couple of minutes to let the cream settle in.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Finish with a dash of olive oil and a sprig of parsley.