SICILIAN ORANGE, FENNEL AND BLACK OLIVE SALAD
- 2 Sicilian or blood oranges
- 1 large Fennel bulb, halved lengthwise, cored, very thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 cup Red onion, thinly sliced
- 12 Fresh mint leaves, torn in half
- 3 tbsp /olive oil with Lemon
- 20 Oil-cured black olives
- In this recipe we use black olives that we harvested and cured last year. Okay, we are showing off a bit, but any decent oil cured olives will work.
- It’s a beautiful zesty, fresh and healthy salad to start 2014 in style.
- Cut the peel and pith from the oranges, then separate the segments. Toss the orange segments, fennel, onion (seriously finely sliced), mint, and olive oil and olives in a large bowl and mix well. Season generously with salt and pepper, and serve.