- 600 g 00 Flour
- 100 ml San Felice olive oil
- 25 g Yeast
- 250 ml Lukewarm water
- 50 g Parmiggiano Reggiano cheese
- 50 g Pecorino cheese
- 25-30 g Salted butter
- 100 g Cooked ham
- 100 g Mortadella
- 100 g Salami
- 100 g Swiss cheese
- 100 g Di provolone
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/ 355 F/ Gas Mark 4. Place the flour in a mound on a flat surface, and make a small well in the centre. Add the salt, olive oil, both cheeses and the yeast.
- Then pour the water onto the mix a little at a time, slowly bringing all the ingredients together.
- Knead for 6/7 minutes until you are left with a soft dough.
- Put the dough in a warm place and leave it to rise for about an hour or until it has doubled in size.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough out to make a circle about 1cm (0.4 inches) thick. Sprinkle all the ingredients for the filling (ham, mortadella, salami, Swiss cheese & provolone) over the dough.
- Now roll the dough into a large sausage shape.
- Butter an angel food cake pan 30 cm/12 inches diameter and dust lightly with flour (tipping out any excess). Place the prepared dough in the pan. Cover with a tea towel and leave it to rise again for at least 1 hour.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about an hour or until golden brown.
- Turn the oven off and leave the tortano inside to rest for 30 minutes. Cut into slices and enjoy. Serve warm or cold.
nudo olive oils