ROASTED PEPPERS AND ORANGE CHICKEN
You can never go wrong with this healthy and delicious dish.
- 4 Chicken thighs/breasts
- 1 Orange
- 2 cloves Garlic
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Fresh basil leaves
- 4 Bell peppers (preferably a mix of colours)
- 2 tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Place peppers, cut side up, on a baking tray. Drizzle with the olive oil and divide the garlic slices among the peppers. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and then roast until tender and the skin has started to blister in parts (roughly 25 minutes). Once ready, remove the peppers from the oven and top with the torn basil leaves.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil for the chicken in a pan over a very low heat and squeeze in the juice of the orange. Season the chicken with the salt and pepper, then dip in a little flour to lightly coat it.
- Cook the chicken in the olive oil until it is cooked through and brown on the outside. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with the peppers.