ROASTED BRUSSEL SPROUTS
Brussel sprouts that actually taste good. This recipe by Diana Bauman (www.spain-in-iowa.com) will turn your world upside down.
- 1/2 lb Brussel Sprouts
- 8 slices of Pancetta
- 4 cloves garlic
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 slice of bread
- In a large ziplock baggie, toss the brussel sprouts, 3 pressed garlic cloves and 2 tbls Nudo Olive Oil.
- Empty the contents into a ovenproof dish and roast at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- While the brussel sprouts are roasting, in a pan heat 1/4 cup nudo olive oil. When the olive oil is heated through, saute a slice of bread until browned on both sides. Set aside.
- When the brussel sprouts have finished roasting… In the same pan that you sauteed the bread, add the onion and saute for about 3 minutes. Do not let them get fully tender. Add the pancetta and heat through for an additional minute.
- Add the brussel sprouts and heat through for an additional 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a food processor, blend the bread and 1 – 2 cloves of garlic.
- Sprinkle on top of the brussel sprouts mixture and finish by a last drizzle of Nudo Olive Oil!