PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM AND BUFFALO MOZZARELLA PANINI
This is a recipe as comforting as your lover’s arms, as juicy as a ripe peach, and easy like Sunday morning. Perfect for fast food lovers who don’t want to stoop too low.
- 200 g Portobello mushrooms
- Basil olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Floury white bun/bread roll
- 3 Sundried tomatoes
- 140 g Mozzarella
- 12 Basil leaves
- Brush the caps of the mushrooms with the basil olive oil. You either want one large mushroom per bun/bread roll or a couple of smaller ones.
- Grill with the cap up for 5 minutes. Then turn over, brush the gills with more oil, season with salt and pepper and grill until cooked through.
- Cut the bun in half and put both halves on the grill, cut side up.
- Lay the sliced mozzarella on one of the halves while its still grilling.
- Chop up the sundried tomatoes, and when the cheese is melted pop in the mushroom, sprinkle over the tomatoes and basil leaves and enjoy.