POLLO ALLA ROMANA
This Roman recipe is simplicity itself and must have been made a hundred times over by every Italian nonna. Any nonno could probably manage it too!
- Chicken pieces
- 1 tin Ripe plum tomatoes,
- 1 Onion
- 1 glass of White wine
- a few sprigs of rosemary
- 2-3 cloves Garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- First season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook on a medium heat in some olive oil to brown it off. Then add the garlic and rosemary.
- Add a glass of white wine and cook for a couple of minutes. Reduce to a low heat and add the onions, peppers and chopped tomatoes.
- Stir to mix the tomatoes, peppers and onion with the chicken and then cover. Leave to simmer on a low heat for about 30 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- If the sauce needs thickening remove the lid for the last 10 minutes and then serve.
nudo olive oils