PETRIFYING HALLOWE'EN PIZZA
The simplest way to do scary cooking for Halloween. This pizza gets a smile from kids and grown ups alike and if you buy a ready made pizza base it will take you no time at all. Let the kids join in, once you have made the toppings. We'd love to hear what other scary pizza toppings you think of.
- A pizza base
- 200 ml Tomato Sauce or Passata
- Pitted black olives
- 125 g Mozzarella, ball
- 1 Green Pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil with Chillies or Plain Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 220 C/ GM 7/ 428 F. Place the pizza base on a large greased baking sheet. Spread the pizza base with tomato sauce, allowing for a border which will form the crust of the pizza.
- For the spiders: To make the olive spiders, cut the olives in half length ways. One half will form the body, the other half needs to be cut length ways into strips to make the spider's legs. Arrange on the pizza with the body of the spider cut side down and the legs on either side.
- For the ghosts: Tear or cut the mozzarella into 4 ghost like shapes. Dice an olive into small equal size pieces for the eyes of the ghosts. Arrange the ghosts on the base, allowing room for the mozzarella to spread.
- For the bat: Using a sharp knife cut the pepper in half length ways. Remove the seeds and stalk. Then cut each half into a bat like shape. Arrange skin side up on the pizza.
- Put the pizza in the oven for roughly 15 minutes until the base is golden brown and the cheese bubbling. Drizzle with Chilli olive oil. Serve and scare!