PENNE WITH RICOTTA, LEMON AND BASIL
This is a great pasta salad to serve at a barbecue. You can prepare the sauce in advance and then just cook the pasta, mix in and serve. The zesty lemon and perfumey basil flavours are all summer.
- 200 g Ricotta cheese
- the grated zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 15 g Basil leaves
- 50 g Parmesan cheese
- 400 g Penne
- Extra Virgin olive oil with basil
- In a bowl add the ricotta, lemon zest, salt and pepper and beat together briefly with a whisk.
- Then mix in the torn basil and grated parmesan. At this point you can press pause and pick it up later.
- Cook the pasta in plenty of salted water according to the instructions.
- Add a ladle or so of the pasta water to the ricotta mixture and mix it in.
- When the pasta is al dente, drain it and mix with the ricotta.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil with basil and serve.