PAN-FRIED SOLE WITH MANDARIN OLIVE OIL
This is a super easy recipe you can whip up in 30 minutes, start to finish. This is really just fancy fish and chips – so is ideal if you’re a comfort food junkie but also want to impress somebody.
- 80 g Lemon sole fillet
- 1 kg Potatoes
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 3 sprigs of Rosemary
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Mandarin olive oil
- 4 tsp Olive tapenade
- Preheat the oven to 200oC. Wash and slice the potatoes in ¼ inch pieces – use a mandolin if you have one. Crush the garlic and finely chop the rosemary leaves. Put these three ingredients into a bowl with 2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil. Work them together with your hands and then place the potatoes on a grease baking tray. Season and pop in the oven for 20 mins.
- Now season your fillets with salt and pepper. Heat the mandarin olive oil in a frying pan until it is sizzly hot and fry each fillet for 2 minutes skin-side down. Then turn them over for another minute.
- Divide your potatoes between four plates, with a fillet on top of each mound. Using a teaspoon, drizzle on a teaspoon of black olive tapenade: be sparing as you don’t want to overpower the fish). Eat immediately.