LAMB CHOPS WITH PISTACHIO CRUST
Spring makes me think of lamb. Which makes me think of mint. Which makes me think of mint choc chip ice cream. Which makes me think of the gelato shop we lived above in Rome. Which makes me think about my favourite gelato which is pistachio. Which makes me think why not create a dish which combines lamb with mint and pistachio? But not in a gelato. Do you think I should give my brain to medical science?
- 4 sprigs of Mint
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 100 g Capers
- 50 g Pistachio
- 2 piece Lamb chops
- 1 Lemon
- 6 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Olive oil for frying
- Roughly chop the mint leaves, garlic, capers and pistachio nuts and put them into a bowl.
- Grate in the peel of one lemon and mix well in the olive oil.
- Put your chops in there to marinate for an hour or two.
- Heat the frying pan with a little oil and add the well coated chops.
- Cook on each side for 2-3 minutes depending on the thickness of the cut.
- Serve immediately with a crunchy green salad and new potatoes.