INVOLTINI DI POLLO
Chicken Involtini or Stuffed Chicken Breast is a fabulous way to manipulate chicken breast to get the most out of a usually bland cut of chicken.
- 4 Skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices of Prosciutto crudo
- 5 sprigs of Rosemary
- splash of Marsala or white wine
- 5 tsp Taste No.5™ Umami Paste Original Mediterranean Recipe
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- Salt flakes to taste
- /olive oil, splash
- Remove the chicken from the fridge half an hour before cooking. Preheat the oven to 200°C/390°F/GM6. Roughly chop one sprig of rosemary, put it on a plate with the Umami Paste and a generous grind of pepper. Mix this into a paste and roll each piece of chicken in it till they are nicely slathered. Wrap each breast in two overlapping slices of prosciutto, tucking a rosemary sprig inside each parcel. Place in a roasting pan and splash with some oil. Add more black pepper and a sprinkling of salt flakes.
- Pop in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Three quarters of the way through, splash the wraps with some more olive oil and Marsala (if the chicken starts looking dry at any point during cooking, add an extra splash of olive oil and Marsala).
- Remove from the oven when the prosciutto looks dark and delicious, and the chicken is firm to the touch. For a glossy gravy sauce, whisk a big glug of red wine and a good squeeze of umami paste into the pan juices. Adjust the seasoning, pour over the chicken and serve.