If you are looking for a simple way to use your olive oil try this easy yet popular Italian side dish. The fusion of garlic, extra virgin olive oil and parsley make the mushrooms taste divine. This is actually what "Trifolati" means in Italian - a combination of thinly sliced, be it meats or vegetables fried (usually with garlic).
- 500 - 600 g Mushrooms
- 1 bunch of Parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 2-3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil with garlic
- Wipe the mushrooms clean, do not wash them as they will become water logged.
- Thinly slice the mushrooms and put to one side.
- Put the olive oil into a frying pan and heat lightly.
- Add the mushrooms and heat for around 10 - 20 minutes. The more mushrooms the longer you will need (goes without saying).
- Stir the mushrooms to ensure a nice brown colour.
- Whilst the mushrooms are browning off, wash and chop the parsley. Personally we prefer finely chopped.
- Add the parsley and cook for around another 5 minutes to allow the parsley flavours to sink in.
- Remove from the heat, add salt, pepper and a sprig of parsley for decoration. Serve.