EASTER CHOCOLATE BISCUIT CAKE
Stuck for what to do with some leftover Easter chocolate? Try making this delicious Easter twist on a chocolate biscuit cake.
- 150 g Rich tea biscuits, broken up into small pieces
- 150 g Milk chocolate eggs & good quality milk chocolate, broken into pieces
- 200 g Digestive biscuits, broken up into small pieces (you can use a rolling pin)
- 150 g Any uneaten shards of Easter eggs, mini eggs, creme or caramel eggs
- 100 g Dark chocolate, good quality (high cocoa solids) broken into pieces
- 150 ml Condensed milk
- 280 g Unsalted butter
- First line a 23cm/9inch square baking tin with parchment paper.
- Put the butter, condensed milk, dark chocolate & milk chocolate into a medium sized saucepan. Gently melt over a low heat, stirring occasionally, until completely smooth.
- Remove the pan from heat. Place both types of biscuits in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture over the biscuits and mix until everything is well combined.
- Stir in the Easter egg shards, mini eggs etc.
- Pour everything into the prepared baking tin and using a spoon or spatula smooth the surface and press down the mixture to ensure it's evenly spread.
- Decorate with any extra bits of Easter chocolate.
- Place in the fridge for around an hour or until firm.
- Cut carefully with a sharp knife and serve.