DARJEELING TEA ICE LOLLIES / POPSICLES
Adult lollies to help you cool off during the warmer climate. These also which look amazing when serving to guests. Makes 8, 4 x lemon & 4 x orange
- 1 Lemon
- half Orange
- 2 tbsp Caster Sugar
- 1 3/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Orange Juice
- 8 Ice Lolly sticks & moulds
- 14 g Darjeeling loose leaf tea
- Bring water to the boil and then add the tea. Allow to steep for 5 minutes and then strain. Leave to cool.
- Meanwhile cut the orange and one half of the lemon into four slices. Then juice the remaining lemon half and pour into a jug. Mix in the sugar and set aside.
- Once the tea is cooled, pour 1 cups worth into the jug with the lemon juice and the remaining 3/4 cup into a second jug. Add the orange juice to this smaller jug.
- Pour the orange mixture into 4 of the moulds and then the lemon into the other 4. Then add one lemon slice and one orange slice to each mould.
- Freeze for one hour. After this time, insert the sticks into the moulds. Return to the freezer and allow to freeze completely.