BUFFALO MOZZARELLA MARINATED WITH HERBS AND GARLIC
Here’s a delicious little starter that’s a twist on the traditional Italian caprese. Like an Italian with an exotic accent. People can get rather anxious about meddling with the purity of real fresh mozzarella (not least because it can be a bit pricey) but you won’t regret this meddle.
- 1/2 tsp Fennel seeds
- 15 Basil leaves
- 15 Mint
- 1 cloves Garlic
- 4 tbsp Olive oil with garlic
- 1 Lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 250 g Mozzarella di bufala
- 2 Vine tomatoes
- Dry fry the fennel seeds until they start to pop. Bash them up and put in a bowl.
- Chop the mint, basil and finely chop the garlic. Add them to the bowl along with the oil, the grated zest of the lemon, ½ tsp of salt and some pepper.
- Pull apart the mozzarella with your hands and mix into the bowl of marinade.
- Leave for half and hour and then serve with the chopped tomatoes and a few chunks of lightly toasted ciabatta.