BRUSCHETTA WITH HAZELNUT PESTO AND CHERRY TOMATOES
- 1 handful basil
- 100 g Parmesan
- 175 g Toasted hazelnuts
- 1 cloves garlic
- 120 ml Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Ciabatta
- 1 punnet Cherry tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes and then drizzle with olive oil and plenty of salt and pepper. Then roast in the oven for 10 -12 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the pesto, put all the ingredients into a food processor with some seasoning, then whizz until blended. Add more olive oil or parmesan as needed.
- Slice the ciabatta into ½ inch slice and then grill over a stove-top gas flame or BBQ.
- Assemble your bruschetta by spreading a good spoonful of pesto on each piece of bread, followed by a few tomatoes.
- Scatter a few extra basil leaves on top and some Parmesan and serve.