BLUEBERRY PANCAKES WITH LEMON HONEY
Pancakes are a Sunday ritual in our household. Rather than cook them all and serve them together, we apply the law of the jungle, cooking them one at a time then asking ‘Who is ready for a pancake?’. Only a reaction time worthy of Usain Bolt in the starting position will score you a win.
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 3/4 cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 Lemon zest
- Fresh mint leaves
- 4 tbsp /olive oil plus more for frying
- Find yourself a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt, and whisk. Then whisk in the egg, buttermilk and half of the olive oil until the batter is smooth.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a medium sauté pan over medium-low heat. Ladle a quarter cup of the pancake batter into the pan, add and press in some blueberries and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip the pancake with a spatula and cook until golden brown on the second side, 1 to 2 more minutes. Place the pancakes in a warm oven until all are cooked and ready to serve. Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more olive oil to the pan as needed.
- Make the lemon honey by combining ¼ cup of honey with the grated zest of a lemon in a small saucepan. Steep the honey for several minutes over low heat and strain before using.
- To serve, drizzle the pancakes with honey and garnish with mint if you like.