Vegan & Gluten Free Pancakes
These pancakes fit the bill, they’re vegan, gluten & sugar-free, and you definitely wouldn’t know it! They taste just as sinful, but to your body they are bites of nutritious fuel, and the perfect way to start your day. They’re fluffy, light, yet gooey in the middle – and the dates and banana sweeten it perfectly so no added sweetener is needed. They’re also really simple to make, and are rich in nutrients so just a couple will keep you full and energised all morning!
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2-3 medjool dates
- 1,5 cups oat/almond milk
- 1 cup oats
- 1/3 cup brown rice flour
- 1 banana
- Start by grinding down the oats in a blender, grinder or food processor until it resembles flour. Set to one side.
- In a frying pan add a little coconut oil and spoon half a cup onto the pan, with a knife spread so its round, you want to make a small pancake, so don’t be afraid if there is a lot of mixture on top.
- Cook on each side for roughly 2 minutes, flip with a spatula and repeat on the other side. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Meanwhile make the blueberry syrup. Really simple, add all the blueberries to a sauce pan with a tablespoon of water, let boil and pop until a syrup forms. Stir occasionally to make sure the bottom of the pan doesn’t burn.
- If your making the coconut cream, just add the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Drizzle on top. Add any extras and your ready to enjoy!
- Add the dates, and oat milk in the blender and blend until the date pieces have been obliterated into tiny fragments. Break up the banana into smaller pieces and add with all other ingredients to the blender. Blend until the mix is thick and smooth.