Roasted vegetable salad with hummus dressing
One of my all time favourite sandwich combinations is roasted vegetables and hummus, so making these flavours into a fresh salad was always going to be awesome. This hummus dressing is such a winner, i could literally drink a cup of it, it’s that delicious. I’m such a hummus fiend so it’s great to have this flavour running through the whole salad instead of just a dollop on the side! This is such an easy meal to make, really satisfying and really sweet and comforting. This is my go to salad when i’m after a light meal, that makes me feel great!
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp tamari
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp hummus
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 courgette
- 1 red onion
- 1 yellow pepper
- 2 red pepper
- 1 avocado
- 2 baby gem lettuce
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees celcius.
- Start by chopping the red pepper, yellow pepper, red onion and courgettes into medium sized chunks, and chop the tomatoes in half. (If using sweet potatoes, prepare now). Place on a roasting tray, drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of salt and roast for around 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, shred the baby gem lettuce chopping finely from the end, and place into a bowl.
- Make the dressing by mixing all ingredients together until smooth.
- When the vegetables are well roasting place in the salad bowl with the shaved lettuce and the hummus dressing, toss well and serve topped with avocado.