Quinoa sushi rolls
When I have those days I can't sit down and really enjoy my lunch, but find myself on the go, healthy sushi is always my go-to. I love making a big batch and putting them in a tupperware to go, as they are the perfect bite-size portion so you can dip in and out regularly throughout the day. Unlike regular sushi I love to use quinoa, as it is far more nutritious than bleached and sweetened white sushi rice!
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 zuchinni
- 2 carrots
- 1 red pepper
- 6 Nori Sheets
- Start by placing the quinoa in a saucepan and covering with 1.5 cup of water. Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and simmer until cooked through, then place on the side to cool.
- Meanwhile make the avocado cream by whizzing the avocado, lemon and apple cider vinegar in your blender or food processor.
- Prepare the red pepper, carrot and zucchini by slicing them into thin strips.
- To make the sushi roll put a strip of the avocado cream down the left hand side of the nori. Top it with a little quinoa and a few strips of raw veggies. Roll it very tightly to the other side. Chop into smaller pieces with a sharp knife. You can halve it if you prefer.