Overnight Oats with a Blueberry-Cashew Cream
Overnight Oats are one of my absolute favourite, simple breakfasts when I am in a rush to get out the house. They take around 5 minutes to make the evening before, and then you can actually sit down and enjoy your breakfast the next morning knowing you don't have to rush around to make a healthy, nutritious meal. As a dancer, training early mornings, this is a great breakfast to take on the go, you just need a glass jar and a lid - and you are good to go!
- 2-4 tbsp water/ dairy free milk
- 2 tbsp cashew nuts
- 1 medjool date
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 banana
- For the oat mixture, mix banana, oats, almond milk, chia seeds and flax seeds together in a bowl, make sure the banana is mashed before you add it!
- For the creamy topping add all other ingredients to your blender and simply blend until totally smooth.
- Add the oats to the bottom of a jar, or glass and top with the cream.
- Leave in the fridge overnight and enjoy in the morning.