Lemon Quinoa with an Avocado-Basil Cream
This meal is super simple to make and a real crowd pleaser. Even a friend of mine who lived off pesto pasta & peanut butter on toast a few years ago, adored this meal and even went back for seconds! This totally proved to me that this dish is great for anyone, a healthista, sugar addict, fussy eater, major foodie and even a big meat eater - everyone seems to love it!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 handful basil leaves
- 2 avocados
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek
- 3 courgettes
- 1 large handful asparagus
- 250 g Green lentils
- 250 g Quinoa
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees celcius.
- Start by cooking the Quinoa & Lentils. In two separate pans add the dry ingredients. Then add 3 cups of water to the Quinoa and 5 cups of water to the green lentils. Bring both to a boil, and reduce to a simmer. They will both take between 15-20 minutes to cook. If once they absorb all the water they are still not completely cooked, feel free to add a little more water.
- Next slice the courgettes and place on a roasting tray drizzled with olive. Roast for around 20-25 minutes.
- Chop the hard ends off the asparagus and chop into chunks and thinly slice the leek. Steam until perfectly soft!
- Next make the Avocado cream by adding all ingredients to your blender and blending until smooth.
- Finally make the dressing, by simply mixing all ingredients together!
- To Compile: Add the Quinoa, Lentils, Asparagus, Courgette & Leek to a serving bowl. Add the dressing and toss until completely coated. Serve hot, or, as i love it, cold - with a side of the avocado-basil cream!