Zucchini Caprese chicken bake
Easy, quick zucchini Caprese chicken bake - find the recipe here: http://myzucchinirecipes.com/zucchini-caprese-chicken-bake/
- 2 chicken breast
- 1 zucchini
- 120 gramm mozzarella
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Halve the chicken breast lengthwise, perhaps cut them into 3 slices depending on the thickness of the breast.
- Season the chicken slices with salt, pepper and paprika.
- In a large skillet preheat 2 tablespoons olive oil, then fry the chicken breast slices, 3-4 minutes one side, then turn them and fry the other side for another 3-4 minutes, until are white and nearly cooked.
- Slice the zucchini into 1cm / ½- inch thick slices. Cook them for 2-3 minutes on both sides in the same skillet, together with the chicken breasts.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 360°F. While the chicken and zucchini are cooking, slice the mozzarella into 1cm / ½-inch slices and the cherry tomato into thin slices.
- When the chicken breast and the zucchini are ready, remove them from the skillet.
- Pour the remaining olive oil from the skillet to a baking pan. Place the chicken breasts on the bottom of the pan. Lay the zucchini slices on the chicken. Sprinkle with freshly chopped basil. Top the zucchini with mozzarella slices, finally place the tomato slices on the top. Place the zucchini Caprese chicken into the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted as you like it.