Zucchini and potato casserole
Easy vegetarian, gluten-free casserole recipe: http://myzucchinirecipes.com/zucchini-and-potato-casserole/
- 1 zucchini
- 3-4 potatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 200 ml single cream
- 50 gramm butter
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 100 gramm grated cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly chopped oregano
- salt, pepper
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into slim slices. It's important to slice the potatoes into ⅕ inch / 0,5 cm thick slices, otherwise will be uncooked. Slice the zucchini into slim slices, as well.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 350°F. Grease an ovenproof dish with two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Place the zucchini and potato slice alternately in the dish, overlapping slightly and season with salt as taste. Put the casserole into the oven and bake it for 12-15 minutes.
- While the vegetables are baking, cook the cream. Boil 200 ml single cream, add the butter and crushed garlic. Season it with salt, pepper and oregano. Cook it for 3-4 minutes, then pour hot the mixture over the zucchini and potato casserole.
- Sprinkle the top of the dish with grated cheese. Place the casserole back to the oven and bake it for 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Before serving make sure the potatoes are thoroughly cooked, if are not, return the casserole to the oven and continue baking for a couple of minutes.