Zucchini and feta puff pastry tart
Light and easy zucchini and feta cheese puff pastry tart recipe
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 pack ready-rolled puff pastry
- 100 gramm feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Slice the zucchini into thin slices using a vegetable peeler. Season the slices with a pinch of salt and black pepper and stir it carefully with one teaspoon lemon juice. Set it aside, until preparing the puff pastry.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 390°F. Line a parchment paper in a large baking pan. Unroll the puff pastry and place it in the baking sheet. Using a knife score a line about 1 cm/ ¼ inch from the edge of the pastry to create a border, but don't let your knife cut through the pastry. Prick the pastry all over using a fork. Melt one tablespoon butter, then brush the pastry with it.
- Crumble the feta cheese and stir it with one tablespoon sour cream and one glove of crushed garlic. Season with a pinch of salt. Spread the feta mixture evenly on the pastry. Arrange the zucchini ribbons over the feta in two lines. Brush the top of the zucchini with the rest of the melted butter.
- Place the tart in the preheated oven, bake it for 10 minutes, then reduce the heat to 170°C/ 340°F and bake it for another 15 minutes until risen and golden.