Vegan zucchini brownies
Moist and chewy vegan zucchini brownies.
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- pinch of salt
- Shred a peeled zucchini using a cheese grater's finest part.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C /350°F. Grease and flour a baking pan.
- In a large bowl stir together the flour with the cocoa powder and a pinch of salt.
- In another bowl mix together the oil, the vanilla and the sugar, until it's well combined. Gently stir together the flour with the oil mixture. Add the baking soda and pour the lemon juice right on it and let it be foamy, then fold it. Don't panic if the dough is thick, use your hands to fold in the shredded zucchini and let it sit so the batter can absorb the moisture.
- In a small heat resistant dish pour one tablespoon water and add the dark chocolate chips, let the chocolate melt on medium heat, stirring occasionally (1-2 minutes). Stir the melted chocolate into the zucchini brownie batter.