Tomato pasta with zucchini and mushroom
Easy and simple creamy tomato pasta with zucchini and mushrooms - a great vegetarian dinner recipe which is ready in 30 minutes.
- 1 zucchini
- 6-7 mushrooms
- 1 cup single cream
- 1,5 cup organic tomato sauce
- 1 red onion
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 200 g pasta
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- black pepper
- Chop a red onion and 1-2 cloves of garlic. Slice the unpeeled zucchini into small equal pieces, chop the mushrooms into the same sized pieces.
- Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet. When the oil is hot, add the chopped onion and simmer it on medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and the zucchini chunks, cook them stirring frequently. When the zucchini is almost softened, add the mushrooms. When the veggies are throughly cooked, pour the tomato sauce into the skillet and cook for 5-8 minutes. Season it with salt, pepper and thyme. Finally pour the cream to the sauce, stir it and cook for another 3 minutes, then remove the skillet from heat.
- While the tomato veggie sauce is cooking, cook the pasta al dente.
- Serve the pasta immediately with the tomato sauce on top, if you desire grate cheese or crumble feta on top of the dish.