Savory zucchini muffins
Savory zucchini muffins with triple cheese
- 1 zucchini - shredded
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 cloves garlic
- 150 ml milk
- 100 ml olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 250 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 120 g feta cheese
- 120 g grated cheddar
- 50 g grated parmesan
- Shred one unpeeled zucchini and set it aside in a colander.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/355°F and prepare a muffin pan and paper muffin cases.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs, then add the oil, milk and mix it together. Add the crumbled feta and grated cheddar cheese to the eggs. Crush one garlic clove and a quarter of a red onion into the mixture. Squeeze the shredded zucchini and fold into the wet mixture.
- In a separate bowl stir together the flour with the baking powder, baking soda, season it with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture, stir it until evenly combined.
- Spoon the thick batter into the prepared muffin tin. Sprinkle the top of the zucchini muffins with grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake the muffins for 25-30 minutes, until the top is golden brown and the inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Leave the muffins in the pan for 5 minutes before removing them, then transfer them on a wire rack to cool. Serve them warm or cold.