Mediterranean vegetable casserole
Easy Mediterranean vegetable casserole made with fresh summer veggies, like zucchini, eggplant, tomato, onion. Find the detailed recipe here: http://myzucchinirecipes.com/mediterranean-vegetable-casserole/
- 2 zucchini
- 2 eggplant
- 2 red onion
- 4-6 tomato
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 egg
- 200 ml sour cream
- 100 g cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 170°C / 340°F. Grease an ovenproof dish with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Wash the vegetables. Peel the eggplants and onions, then cut them into 1cm / ½" thick slices. Slice the unpeeled zucchinis into the same thin slices.
- Lay a line of eggplants on the bottom of the dish, season it with salt, lay a line of onion slices and zucchini slices, season them with salt, finally put the tomato slices. Season with salt, pepper and ½ teaspoon oregano, rosemary and chopped basil. Sprinkle the top with cheese.
- Repeat layering the vegetable slices the same way: first the eggplant, then onion, zucchini and tomato. Season with the spices.
- Combine the crushed garlic with the sour cream and two beaten eggs, season the mixture with the rest of the Mediterranean spices. Pour the mixture on the top of the layered vegetables. Sprinkle the top of the casserole with the rest of the cheese.
- Put the dish into the preheated oven and cook the veggies slowly for 40 minutes. Remove the dish from the oven when the the cheese is golden brown and the veggies are thoroughly cooked. Serve the casserole warm by itself or as a side dish.