Creamy green vegetarian lasagna loaded with zucchini, broccoli, celery, green onion and mushrooms.
- 1 zucchini
- 1 broccoli
- 2-3 celery sticks
- 2-3 green onions
- 1 handful mushroom
- 100 g grated cheese
- 200 g lasagna sheets
- 700 ml milk
- 5 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- Chop the celery sticks, garlic, green onion, zucchini and mushrooms into small pieces. In a large pot heat 2 tablespoon olive oil, then add the chopped garlic and green onions, simmer them and add the chopped celery. Cook it for 5 minutes on medium heat, then add the chopped mushroom, finally the zucchini pieces. Stir and season the vegetables with salt and pepper to taste. Cover the pot and let them cook for 6-8 minutes until are tender.
- In another pot heat salted water. When the water is boiling, add the broccoli florets and cook them for 5 minutes until are almost softened.
- In a third pot melt two tablespoons of butter for the bechamel white sauce. When the butter is melted, add 5 tablespoons of flour, stir it continuously and gradually stir in the milk to get a smooth sauce. Season the sauce with salt, pepper and nutmeg and cook it for 5-8 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/355ºF.
- Spread one spoonful white sauce over the base of a medium sized casserole. Layer a line of lasagna sheet on the sauce, then top it with ⅓ of the vegetables (including the broccoli), cover them with white sauce, then top with a layer of pasta sheet. Repeat the layers two more times. Finish with a layer of pasta followed by white sauce. Make sure the white sauce covers the pasta sheet throughly. Sprinkle the top of the lasagna with grated cheese.
- Cover the casserole with foil and bake for 15 minutes, then remove the foil and bake uncovered for another 20 minutes until the top of veggie lasagna is bubbling and lightly browned.